Eliminating the "Sorry we missed you" card
what was delivered
Xpreso partnered with Threadable to develop a cloud-based SaaS solution to provide consumers with parcel delivery status notifications, and a precise delivery window that narrows as their delivery driver approaches. Consumers track their driver in the Xpreso app and may re-direct their parcel to a neighbour, parcel locker/shop or request that the parcel is left in a safe place.
Key elements of the solution delivered:
• Xpreso iOS and Android mobile apps for the end consumer
• Android app for delivery drivers - digitising their run-sheet, providing turn-by-turn directions and the ability to more efficiently manage parcel collections
• Admin dashboard for courier companies to onboard and manage users, track status of parcel deliveries, run reports and manage consumer queries
• Backend platform for consumers, delivery drivers and courier companies
• Resilient and scalable AWS Infrastructure with supporting SLA for courier companies
Sector: Logistics tech
Services: Multi-stakeholder platform development
Xpreso is an award winning tech start-up, with investors that include Mastercard and Enterprise Ireland. Xpreso's mission is to eliminate the “Sorry We Missed You” card that shoppers all-to-often receive when they are not at home when the courier calls with their online purchase.
68% of shoppers abort their online purchase due to parcel delivery related issues
10% of courier deliveries fail, resulting in €1 billion cost in the UK alone
The Challenge for Xpreso
How to address the difficulties faced by the various stakeholders in the delivery value chain
Xpreso were seeking to address:
• the consumer need for more convenient deliveries: more delivery options and easier returns
• the necessity for e-retailers to respond to the needs of consumers, with simple, reliable shipping services
• the challenges for delivery operators in confronting the demands of e-retailers to offer new services, at low cost.
Multi-stakeholder platform, including mobile app for consumers, tablet app for delivery drivers and desktop solution for courier firms
Unique to the market and a step-change from legacy technology, the Xpreso cloud-based SaaS solution provides consumers with parcel delivery status notifications, and a precise delivery window that narrows as the delivery driver approaches. Consumers may track their driver in the Xpreso app and may re-direct their parcel to a neighbour, parcel locker/shop or request that the parcel is left in a safe place. Consumers may also pay in-app for items such as customs and VAT. Furthermore, returns are managed through the app.
Using the Xpreso solution, e-retailers may track their deliveries, whilst delivery drivers have a digitised run-sheet, turn-by-turn directions and the ability to more efficiently manage parcel collections.
All parties in the value chain benefit – shoppers are happier, e-retailers sell more, delivery companies experience reduced costs and delivery drivers deliver more.
Threadable have been fantastic - they have worked with us from the start - from refining our requirements, scoping our MVP and building our beta solution, right up to delivery of an enterprise-grade solution to leading local and global courier firms
100,000 parcels processed per day
This Xpreso solution has been deployed by customers that include Ireland's largest independent delivery company, Nightline, and by leading global courier firm UPS.