Delivering loyal customers through a subscription-based B2B grocery solution
what was delivered
101 Delivery partnered with Threadable to develop a cloud-based SaaS solution to provide their B2B customers with the ability to place recurring subscription-based orders for their weekly staples - incl. newspapers, groceries and stationery.
Key elements of the solution delivered:
• Admin dashboards to manage an estate of retail partners, including products, categories, pricing and retailer onboarding.
• Dashboards for retailers to organise their daily orders, stock, pick & pack operations and deliveries/pickups.
• Front end interface for consumers to place their orders.
• Backend platform for individual retailers and retailer organisations.
• Resilient and scalable AWS Infrastructure with supporting SLA.
Client: 101 Delivery
Sector: Retail tech
Services: Multi-stakeholder platform development
What began as a newsagent, 101 Delivery are now the largest independent B2B grocery delivery business in Dublin - supplying weekly staples, such as newspapers, groceries and stationery, to businesses throughout the city.
68% of engaged online grocery shoppers (those who buy 50% or more online) are interested in grocery subscription buying (Nielsen)
50% of millennials are interested in grocery subscription buying (Nielsen)
The Challenge for 101 Delivery
How to increase customer loyalty, whilst ensuring the financial stabilty of their online propositon
101 Delivery were seeking to address:
- the customer need for easier ways to purchase their weekly staples
- the customer desire to support local retailers
- the challenge of ensuring that the cost of customer-acquisition and servicing an order provides a sufficient margin on the average basket value
Multi-stakeholder platform to manage daily orders, stock, pick & pack operations and deliveries & pickups
Designed specifically for local retailers, with the ability to support retailers who are part of a larger chain, the solution includes the following characteristics.
- Admin dashboards to manage an estate of retail partners, including products, categories, pricing, pick & pack and retailer onboarding.
- Dashboards for retailers to organise their daily orders, stock, pick/pack operations and deliveries/pickups.
- Front end interface for customers to place their orders.
Threadable went well beyond our expectations - from the initial idea through to the completion of the solution, they have been a pleasure to work with. And the impact that the solution is having on our business is transformational.
4,500 monthly deliveries processed per individual retail outlet
The solution developed by Threadable:
- significantly increased revenues for 101 Delivery, by allowing them to capture a subscription-based recurring share of their customer's basket of weekly staples
- has driven 101 Delivery customer loyalty, whilst providing customers with an easier way to support their local retailer
- has optimised the stock requirements of 101 Delivery, whilst allowing them to plan fulfulment routes well in advance - in turn minimising costs
- has resulted in deeper connections between 101 Delivery and their local community